[Dailydrool] foster or failure, to be determined

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:20:17 PST 2013

Happy Birthday to Pierre (19th), or Happy Valentine's Day to us or What the Heck am I doing?????
I am getting deja vu from about this exact time last year when a lady begged me with tears in her eyes to take her beagle, and after a month of begging, I finally brought Bandit home, but he disrupted the pack so badly, I knew he was a foster, not a failure, and I did get him a perfect and wonderful home.
Today, a lady who is a patient at the MD next to where I live asked me to adopt her basset because the son has severe allergies.  She was on the ropes because the dog is currently relocated at a relative's house, and she was under pressure to find the dog a home.  She said she tried basset rescue without success.  Lucy is 7, red and white, and cute as a button.  I have a photo if anyone wants to see her.Well, she will be here on Tuesday.  Sis is going away for four days, and I want to have Sis here to help with the introductions, plus we have a potentially very bad snow storm forecast for the weekend.
I told Lucy's Mom, Carolyn,  I would foster Lucy, and I already emailed a friend who says she wants another basset.  The drawback there is she lives with her elder Mom who is reluctant to add a second to the household, but I did plant the seed that Ginger needs a friend, and Ginger is about six.  My Nikki has play dates with Ginger a few times a year, and I bet Ginger would love a buddy.
I hope she gets along with the herd.  My thoughts are that since she is older, she may blend effortlessly, in which case she can stay.  This can become the Northern annex of Sr. Hounds-a-plenty.  With Lucy's addition, I will have 7 seniors, one six year old, and Jr. will be 4 this 19th (wow how the time flies, my itty bitty 80 pound boy is going to be 4, and he had a partial delivery of brains, this is true.)
Please send good luck drool our way if you have any to spare.  Not only is Lucy coming in on Tues, Pumpkin (12 yr. old) is getting a dental.  Won't she be surprised when she comes home groggy, and then a new dog is in the pack.  She'll be thinking what kind of drugs did they give me?   Jean Paul is going in for blood work and x-rays, keeping an eye on his cancer status, which so far has been good.  The other seven go in on Wednesday.  Lucy will get a full vet exam, and the others get monthly pedicures and anal expressions.
Pumpkin had an expression last week, but continued to scoot so she went for another yesterday, done by Dr. S, and Pumpkin was impacted.  When she blew out, she did a good job of painting the wall, the table, and kind of all over.  She did that once before that I saw, when Dr. C treated her, and then I heard about the time when she was in the back, and there was a new hire tech who had the pleasure of taking care of Pumpkin and gland gunk squirted all over the tech, and Pumpkin was her first app't of the day.  And Pumpkin does get canned pumpkin, and she eats Wellness Core, but she has had issues ALL her life.

Healing drool to all in need
Jackie, Pumpkin, Jean Paul, Jellybean (who is getting a bladder poke on Wed., in addition to the routine stuff), Nigel, Colette, Max, Little Nikki, Pierre jr. and now LUCY  (that is her name, and I like it so she stays Lucy)