[Dailydrool] Score/Allergic reaction

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:17:59 PST 2013

We had the kids, grandkids, mastiffs and, of course, the Houndettes all
here for the Super Bowl last weekend. Ginger is too food aggressive to be
allowed out and about while all the treats are out and the grands and
mastiffs are here. The little kids wander with food. Not that the other
hounds are beyond snatching something if they're given a chance but at
least they won't take one of the children's fingers too! So anyway, we have
a very large counter top that we generally put everything on and people are
able to grab and go as they please. Plus, it's tall enough to (usually)
slow a hound down. Well, not this time! First, Jersey scored several pieces
of cheese and a couple of mini sausages off the grandson's plate. Then
before we knew it, she had levitated to the counter top and scored big time
off that! I finally noticed what she was doing and, when I yelled, she
literally peeked around the corner of the cupboards at me with a BIG grin
on her face! My old gal is still pretty light on her feet!

Jersey got stung by something the first summer she was with us. She came to
me looking like a cartoon puppy with her nose huge, her cheeks puffed and
her eyes swollen about shut. I was lucky not to get a speeding ticket on
the way to the vets! I was wishing for lights and sirens on the car!
Fortunately, by the time Suzy got stung and swelled like that, I knew about
Benadryl and how much to give before we went tearing off to the vets. I was
still wishing for lights and sirens with her but wasn't quite as panicked
as I was with Jersey. Shadow literally squatted on a bee one time and her
poor back side became terribly swollen and she needed Benadryl and we
zoomed off to the vet. I guess Ginger is the only one who hasn't had a bad
experience with a stinging bug yet. Let's hope it stays that way!

The Houndettes are sending get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger