[Dailydrool] drama queen

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 8 16:30:54 PST 2013

Oh my dear lord, they are going to give me a heart attack yet, you'll see

I worked from home today.  I had to use the bathroom.  I went into the bathroom
and closed the door.  I was, um, indisposed when all bleep broke loose.  I heard
yelling, screaming, I heard hysterics.   I got done in there just as fast as I
could and came charging out, grabbed a squirt bottle and Snoopy was on top of
little Gracie and she was on her back and he was standing on her and she was
yelling like he was killing her ..... well, I squirt bottled him off and Greg
grabbed a hold of him and closed him in the office while I tried to sort out
Gracie.  She lay there on her side and sobbed and sobbed, she tried to get up
and acted like she couldn't .... I gathered her up and put her on my bed and
went over her legs and feet one by one .... hips move right, knees move right,
ankles move right, no wounds, checked her belly, checked her ears, checked her
face, felt her over, every inch of her (still sobbing all the while mind you).
Well I couldn't find a bump or a nick or a scrape or a drop of blood or a
malfunctioning joint anyplace on little Gracie.

So then I remembered when Julianne was really little she seemed to really
believe she was dying or at least had broken bones every time she fell down and
she wouldn't get up.  I used to keep lolly pops in a jar in the kitchen and when
she did that I would say ok, stay down, we'll take you to the doctor.  Let me
get my purse.  And once in the kitchen I'd ask ..... do you want a lolly pop
first?  Invariably she'd get up and run to the kitchen for it.  So, I left
Gracie on my bed and headed down the hall and shouted over my shoulder "cookie
time!"

You guessed it , she headed down the hall with LuLu like she was shot out of a
cannon, at full tilt run, took her cookie in full helicopter wag and asked for
seconds.  So I told Greg to let Snoopy out of the office and he came charging
down the hall and they sat shoulder to shoulder and had another cookie.  And
then I leashed these two hellions up and walked them and they walked along side
by side bumping shoulders and pulling like idiots.  For half an hour.  Like
nothing ever happened.

LuLu just stood there the whole time shaking her head.  Should have known from
the start when she couldn't care less about the all the noise.  She was standing
right there but she never konked anyone.

More later from the clueless momPerson who doesn't know if Gracie fakes it or
she convinces herself Snoopy's hurt her, or she's just really scared or what.