[Dailydrool] Lacy needs help

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Mon Feb 11 18:22:06 PST 2013

A month ago she was peeing blood.  She went on cephalexin 500 mg  twice a
day for 2 weeks.  We then waited a week and re-did the urinalysis.  There
was still blood in her urine.  They did ex-rays and an ultra sound and
didn't see anything, and sent urine for a culture.  The culture came back
today negative.  She still has blood in her urine. Doc wants to put her on
baytril for a week and then do another urinalysis. He said sometimes there
are microscopic bacteria that don't show up.  Next step is a urethra scope.
Ouch. He said there could be a tumor in her urethra that they couldn't see
in the ultra sound or perhaps grass seed or some foreign body.  She doesn't
act like she doesn't feel well  She's eating and playing.  I'm so scared for
her. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ann