[Dailydrool] so proud of myself I almost can't stand it

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:45:12 PST 2013

woo hoo. I think I have finally invented the best dog incontinence suit available today. Droolers have seen my first incontinence suit thanks to Anita. (google "dog incontinence suits" and it will come up first on the web).
  I've been unhappy with the Velcro ( which if not totally shielded in the washing machine, picks up every piece of lint, is difficult to clear, and eventually doesn't stick together anymore).
   Long time ago I had tried making a dog suit out of a child's hooded sweatshirt, some of you may remember this design. I went a back to the first design and have been fiddling.
  I've come up with a great design that works for Bo.  It is basically a boy child's hooded sweatshirt from a thrift shop. Bo's distance from nape of neck to start of tail is21" which matches the zipper length of a boy's medium/10-12 hoodie zipper?  first I cut off the sleeves. Then I turn it upside down so the hood is at the underside of the dog's chin/neck and the zipper would run along the dog,s back from his tail to the nape of his neck. I trim and roll the hood so it forms a collar. I save the extra from the hood, along with the saved long sleeves I have cut off. I attach the remainder of the hood (now kind of a half moon pocket) to the underside middle of the sweatshirt. I attach one each of the severed sleeves to the back sides of the sweatshirt to make the hips and back legs sections. Then I attach the back legs to the crotch panel. voila.
  I took a tuck at the tummy as the suit was a trifle too ample there. the suit fits great now--it is soft and washable and zips up the back. I put human incontinence pads in the crotch. we call the outfit "Bo's pajamas). It is all one piece--like an infant's onesie, and I just need to change the pads.
 Bo has two pair and I am going to make him two more; then see if I can make one to Nigel's measurements.
  If folks are interested, I'll see what I can do about photos. Also, if this turns out to be as cool as I think, this sounds like a great invention. any entrepreneurs out there? Val