[Dailydrool] Winning it all at Westminster

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:00:40 PST 2013

I would love for a basset to win it all at Westminster.

However part of me hopes that never happens.  There's so many bassets
in shelters and rescues that need homes.  Someone that decides on
their next dog because it won Westminster probably won't research the
breed.  That type of person will, in all likelihood, go to a breeder
(the wrong type of breeder).  Eventually overcrowded shelters and
rescues will have even more bassets needing homes.

I love my volunteer job with basset rescue.  But I really hope one day
that I won't be needed... that every basset has a home and will none
need a basset rescue.

Jan
Lady & Dexter