[Dailydrool] Amanda Lynn Update

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 15 05:08:11 PST 2013

Sorry to take so long in giving an update on Amanda Lynn - but the last
couple of days have been both hectic and happy - with her health issues and
Valentine's Day...

Her bloodwork came back from the outside lab - with all of the major
categories within normal range.  Doc also ran a Pancreatic Lipase test which
also tested normal.  Thankfully, these ruled out diabetes and Addison's and
irregularities in her liver and kidneys.

I did, however, see the spun blood sample in question and the plasma looked
pink and thick.  This was also the case when a second blood sample was
drawn - 20 hours after she had last eaten.  Tests conclude this was
cholesterol - as both her triglycerides and cholesterol levels were very
high.

As you might recall, Amanda Lynn is on a special diet for struvite stones -
Royal Canin Urinary SO.  This food has an extremely high fat count.
Although she has had major surgery for stones several years ago, she has not
exhibited any problems of late.  Soooo here's the plan...

Monday she goes in for an x-ray of her bladder - to determine IF there are
any stones present.  There was evidence of a very small amount of bacteria
in her urine sample - so she has been placed on antibiotics to get rid of
it - as urinary tract infections are the MAJOR cause of struvite stones to
develop.  If she has no significant stone issues - he is going to change her
diet.  She is rescheduled for her surgery on February 26th.  A week after
her surgery - she will have blood work done to see if there is any
improvement.  I asked about going on cholesterol medication - and right now
he feels we can handle the problem without it - although it is not ruled
out.

Overall, we are very pleased and relieved regarding her health issues -- but
"Miss Lipitor" - her new nickname - still has her surgery as well as some
significant adjustments to endure...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers - please keep the Drool
coming - it ain't over yet!

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns