[Dailydrool] Amanda Lynn Update

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 19 06:31:35 PST 2013

I wanted to stop celebrating long enough to report about Amanda Lynn's xray
taken yesterday!

As many of you know, Amanda Lynn has been plagued with struvite bladder
stones - first detected in 2009 - resulting in major surgery in September of
that year.  We weren't talking one or two here - as xrays showed and surgery
confirmed her bladder was absolutely FULL - with some of the stones being as
much as 3/4" in diameter!  Subsequent to her surgery, routine urinalysis had
shown no evidence of crystals in her urine.  However, an xray taken in 2011
as a precaution - showed she was again full.  We still have no idea how the
stones developed without crystals showing up in tests.

At that time, we opted to watch her very closely and try to dissolve the
stones.  This approach had been attempted prior to her surgery - but getting
a stone lodged in her urethra for several hours until she managed to pass
it - made that approach far too dangerous to continue back then.  We
continued her on Royal Canin Urinary S/O food and I we watched her like a
hawk for any signs of discomfort or problems.  She didn't appear to have any
problems - but she didn't back in 2011 either!

Now, on to the FANTASTIC NEWS...  Her xray yesterday - ordered by Doc as a
precaution in light of her newly-diagnosed blood issues - showed a
COMPLETELY EMPTY BLADDER -- no stones!

This clears the path to address her cholesterol issues with a change of
diet - as the Urinary S/O is extremely high in fat and calories.  It doesn't
eliminate her propensity to develop the stones - and she might have to
eventually go back on the diet - but Doc feels that watching her closely and
periodic testing should allow us to monitor both issues and get her back in
good health!

Please keep the Drool coming as she is re-scheduled for her surgery next
Tuesday morning.  But for now - it's Champagne Drool in the Burns'
household!

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns