[Dailydrool] Enlarged Nipples in Male Basset

Jeff & Judy Faust faustjj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 19:02:18 PST 2013

I'm on OLD TIME drooler from way back who mostly lurks these days but had to come to the experts on this question.

While bellyrubbing my 10 year old basset, Big Fred, last night I saw that two of his nipples were enlarged. They are pink in color and there is no discharge. Has anyone seen this before?  He has been on thyroid meds for years, is on prescription liver diet food, but is a happy active boy.  He does like to G.I. Joe crawl around the living room sometimes. I don't know if he has just irritated his nipples or if it's something more serious.

Thanks for your help.

Judy, mom to Big Fred, Bubbles ATB, and my heart dog, Maxwell ATB
Brownsburg, IN

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android