[Dailydrool] My Montana Moment Feb.17th,2013

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:09:47 PST 2013

well  as you experience often from time to time..........yesterday at
about 2pm my Lakota Sue passed away quietly and serenely right here in
my living room on her fluffy large round bed.  Kota Sue was Augustus
McCrae's Mom.......
Gussie left for the bridge oct.12 and now 4 months later his momma.   I
was right here doing puter work and yaking on phone and she left
peacefully and beautifully for the bridge. I turned around and she was
gone. ?
She was 17years old and on pred and tramadol because she lost her rear
legs months ago and the meds kept her going.

She enjoyed her meatball at 10am filled with her meds, but refused
breakfast.    She did that at times so it was not a great worry for me.
A few hours later she passed over to the bridge very comfortable and I
am so grateful.
  Karen H. one of our volunteers and the only one of 3 people that could
pet LAKOTA came and helped me dig a grave.  Snowing lightly and with
quiet grace........we dug and dug in the hard cold ground and finally
had to call for some man power which came over to help us girls.  Odd
that I felt the need not to have her cremated like Gussie.......I needed
her here with me next to Argus.....my German Shepherd who is buried out
front where he always went to go sniff and explore.  Odd, very odd for me.
As I am sobbing and digging her grave, Karen said "Why not put Gussies'
ashes with his momma?"   That was a very calming and good suggestion and
in a short calm ceremony........Gussie was laid next to his momma and
both were covered with all our love and devotion that both gave to us.
Bless their loving souls and my babies both together now rest in
heavenly peace right here in front for me to be close to while I am alive.
For the folks back in the late 1990's.....remembering how thru a twist
of fate Partner and I wanted to save Bassets and continue this
organization that Donna Owens started and stopped after a few
years.......well   that is when I got Lakota Sue from Donna and my first
puppy Augustus McCrae.  Now that both are gone, their passing has
brought /AN END OF AN ERA
/to Basset Rescue of Mt.//

Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org