[Dailydrool] "Uncritical of faults?" Do I have a defective basset?

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:01:26 PST 2013

I usually smile at the Lovely Lucy's quotes for hounds, but this one has
given me pause. Or paws. Or something.

Paddi B Basset is a lovely girl, but she knows full well that she was named
for a Princess -- officially she is Sunset's Descanso Princess. (Princess
was an terri-aerhead -- that is, a terrier/aerdale cross -- but Paddi
doesn't know that part.)  She is very loving, certainly -- but she is also
Acutely Aware of Standards of Service and sadly, often must comment that
they have not been met. She's definitely not uncritical.

I actually don't blame her for this -- she was a puppy under the reign of
Opus the Cat, who was himself a god in Egypt in his own fur. Opus kept the
SPCA on speed-dial and insisted that standards for serving apes have
slipped terribly since the time of Ramses the 2nd. He found a willing
listener for his diatribes in Paddi B, I fear.

Is everyone else's basset uncritical? And if so, can you send one along to
train mine??
Thanks,
Mary
& Paddi B Basset (sniff! This is not to my standards!)
& Vernon Q Basset (i have no standards -- I'm an old guy)

Message: 5