[Dailydrool] Lacy update

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Sat Feb 23 07:57:24 PST 2013

Recap:  She was peeing blood and doc put her on cephalexin for 2 weeks.  Still had blood;  did x-rays and ultrasound and found no stones; prescribed amoxicillin; did culture; came back negative, but still had blood in her urine. Put her on baytril for 10 days. Did urethrascope yesterday.  Doc did UA before he started.  There was still some blood but not a lot in her urine, so waiting 10 days to do the next test would not have been good.  He said no polyps, no foreign bodies; all looked normal until he got to the urethra.  Saw little white placques, bacterial colonies.  Didn't identify exactly what.  He thought it could be trigone cystitis, which I looked up and it is very painful.  Prescribed Primor 600 mg once a day at bedtime for 30 days. He said this should clear it up. We're into this well over $1500 now.  To add salt into the wound, they charged $45.00 for "hospitalization."

Ann