[Dailydrool] Making Your Dog Smell Better

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 05:31:48 PST 2013

I recently changed Lilie's dog food to one which has NO grain at all.  Her
ears have been bothering her and it seemed like a good idea to try.  While
we're still working on the ears (it's only been a little over a week), I
suddenly realized this morning that she smells great.  A few weeks ago I
noticed that she was really beginning to smell (her coat) and needed a bath.
Unfortunately, it was Valentine's Week so I was busy in the store and then
exhausted at night.  Bath was delayed.

No change except for the food (Acana Wild Prairie).  I also found this at
WikiHow 5 Ways To Make Your Dog Smell Better.  I haven't tried this
but...who knows...

a.. A dog's odor is controlled basically by how well its liver clears
toxins. To help a dog's liver do its job, you can give the dog N-Acetyl
Cysteine or NAC; 400mg a day. For dogs who really smell bad, you will be
amazed at the result.

The only downside to changing the food is that Lilie and Daffy love it and
there is no more free feeding at our house.  Each has their own bowl and I
have to stand guard over them to make sure that Lilie doesn't push anyone
out of the way to eat their breakfast or dinner.  Daisy the Yorkie doesn't
care one way or the other.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil (and Daisy the Yorkie)