[Dailydrool] Invisible Fencing

Rkbeard at aol.com Rkbeard at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 16:55:44 PST 2013

el very secure about our dogsI personally do not like invisible  fencing.
Not only do the dogs have to be shocked (literally) in  order to learn where
the boundaries are, they have to wear the collar that  shocks, whether or
not it is turned on.  Also,
invisible fencing will confine your dogs inside the perimeter, but it  does
nothing to keep out other animals:
other dogs, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, foxes, etc.--all of which can  carry
rabies.

My husband and I live in the country, and have chain link fencing  around
our front and side yards.  Since our family room is in the  back, facing our
best outside view, we are not bothered by the chain link  fence.  Our
fencing is only 4 feet high, so it really does not block  much of the view,
anyway.  We feel very secure about our dogs when  they are outside, and really are
not bothered at all by the fence.

Kathryn Beard