[Dailydrool] Thinking about Bev's feral cat problem

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Feb 3 15:48:43 PST 2013

We have a neighborhood cat lady whose hobby isn't enhancing the quality of life on our block any, so I feel your pain, Bev.

Val's suggestion has reminded me of the Alley Cats Allies organization. I believe it's nationwide. Staffed by volunteers who believe in trapping, fixing, and then releasing feral colonies. I asked the volunteer I spoke with about the life span of the average feral, and she said it's about four years. So I guess the logic is, if you spay/neuter the feral colony in your neighborhood, then you have to suffer the cats for only another four years. Unless the colony can be relocated into someone else's backyard…...

Here's the link: http://www.alleycat.org/.

Good luck!

Elizabeth