[Dailydrool] Amelia's legs

sandra.graham at comcast.net sandra.graham at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 12:35:02 PST 2013

I agree with Bev on this one. Hercules had pain one weekend, I took him to the emergency vet, who suggested x-rays, which i declined (my first dumb mistake). The vet put him on some rymadil and sent us home. The next day the pain was even worse. I waited all day until 4:30 before I took him to my regular vet (second dumb mistake - waiting all day). She took one look at him and his back legs and said "run don't walk to the the orthopedic vet". Fortunately, we got him to the orthopedic vet before he closed for the day. He had a ruptured disc in his spine. Hercules had surgery to repair the spine and he has regained full mobility. But if I had waited any longer, the outcome could have been very different.

Sandi
with the hounds: Hercules (who just turned 16), Daisy Mae, and Choley Sue
and the wannabes: Cooter, Bodacious, Maggie, Rukus and Rowdy Chet