[Dailydrool] Jewish law

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Feb 27 12:32:16 PST 2013

My dogs, every one of them, has wished they were Jewish. But if I allowed them to eat first, I'd have no control over food (or probably anything else) in this household. This is the one time the dogs get second place--they eat after I do.

That's not to say they don't get perfectly spoiled otherwise: good food, treats, and the best of everything. But they wait for me on this.

Proverbs 12:10 (NIV) says: "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." I care for their needs, all right, and even some things that are not needs, but to live in peace I need to be in charge of them, not the other way around. Those of you who are, perhaps, firmer with your animals may not have this problem, but I found with Jane that if I fed her first, she walked all over me. When I read in a training book that eating first made you top dog, I instituted this practice, and it has worked beautifully.

So the only time the spoiled Dashing Bassets are second is at the food bowls. They go to vets while I wait for a doctor's appointment and get fed a good food, but the time of their eating in another matter.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets