[Dailydrool] What a start to the new year

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:06:36 PST 2013

Today is the day we celebrate Max's supposed birthday since we really don't know when it is.  He is a tri-state basset rescue hound, and he is roughly 8 years old.  To celebrate his birthday, I cooked a morning feast of scrabbled eggs, canadian bacon and bagel.  After all the hounds got their share, and there was a little snarky going on mostly because of Max, but everything seemed ok.
Then, after Sis and I and all the hounds ate well, I grabbed my cup of coffee, newspaper, pen and glasses, and went to the living room.  Jr. has a game he sometimes plays which is I won't let you on the couch, I will bark and snark you.  I didn't expect in this instance that when he went to snark and jump off the one couch he was on to get to the one I wanted to sit on that he would bump Jean Paul, our gentle alpha leader who is elder with health issues.  It was a dark moment that I saw before me, as I could see it unfold before I could prevent it.
Once Jr. bumped JP, all hell broke lose.   They two engaged like tumbleweeds, rolling each on each other.  Of course because the pack reacts, Jellybean, Max (Birthday boy) and Nikki were near and not appreciated in the event.  I grabbed a baby gate to separate the main offenders, Sis grabbed leashes to deter the mini squabblers.  Thank the Lord, minimal damage.  JP with some ear nicks, Jr. with some leg nicks.  I thought OMG, do I have to start a new year at the vet ER, but not so.  I have enough tramadol to get them through a few days and nights.
I think the New Year's fireworks got to them all, and I don't think any of them got good sleep, and this is coming off a full moon.  Jean Paul, as alpha, rarely lands wounds, but the fight was intense, so he was really on the defense.  All I can say is I am so grateful it was not worse.
A couple of droolers stepped up and honored their pledges to ABC as they said they would since I lost 30 pounds in a year, and they sent money to the rescue in my pounds for hounds project.  I appreciate this so much and consider it a huge positive to the new year.  Honestly, pledging donations, thank you.  BTW, I have the almond car scent thingy from abc in my car.  It is really great, and I ordered more in other scents.
This warms my heart so much, that I can do something to better myself at the same time help a rescue.  Every pound and dollar counts, and I will stay with weight watchers for as long as I need to be involved.  I hope to be the fat girl then not, skinny but toned, and healthy one day on one of their commercials, hopefully with Jr.  Jr got his first impact of Jean Paul the alpha who never hurts anyone until he really has to defend himself.
My two heart boys, and I gave them both pain relief and topical antibiotic.  I am grateful it wasn't so bad the I had to go to the ER.
I need my Dad from Heaven right now, please send me a dream, a good one.
Hugs, drool, and love,
Jackie and the herd