[Dailydrool] Fireworks and such

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 19:11:11 PST 2013

Hi all it's the clueless momPerson here,

We also had some luck with calming firework nerves.  It's always been a zoo here
when there were fireworks because of Cyrus.  He was a gun shy hunting dog and
he'd go wild, running the length of the house at full speed unless we physically
held him down, we gave him Ace for a while but then he had a seizure and no more
Ace.  This was the first one since Cyrus and it went ok.

This is what we did .......

I had the hounds settled on the couch with their special blankies from Auntie
Wen and the TV on with the volume pretty high.  They were very warm and very
sleepy.  When the fireworks went off little by little they would lift their
heads but were ok.  When they started with a fury I sat on the couch where
Gracie was trembling mightily and lay down with them ..... and they were ok.  No
barking and no running around and we got them all off to sleep in our bed at
12:30.

I should mention that the blankies and the loud TV were both Auntie Wen
suggestions.  Auntie Wen rocks.

On another note someone said recently that bassets aren't dogs.  Obviously.  I
am not sure what they are exactly but they might be extra terriestrials which
have been done up (rather poorly) to look something like a dog.     Whatever
they are they most certainly are not dogs.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie who are
ready for their walk.  NOW.