[Dailydrool] Blind basset

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 09:29:19 PST 2013

Aloha Pat, Our Bo is nearly (but not 100%, we found out) blind and wanders a bit. In addition to the things you listed, we have a few others. We have different sounds in different rooms (a gurgling fish tank in the livingroom; wind chimes on the lanai, traffic out front, birds chirping out back) and different textures on the floor (tile in the livingroom, wood in the diningroom, slate in the kitchen, carpet in the bedrooms). And in the yard I have raked a path for Bo and lined the sides with small stones so he can find his way to the center of the yard and then back to the ramp and up. He seems to orient better to clapped hands than to tapping or calling in terms of getting his attention. And with time he's gotten better at finding his way around and seems in no acute distress. Val