[Dailydrool] OOH-that Gracie Allen?

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Sat Jan 5 11:43:17 PST 2013

Glenn and I have a system.  On Saturday I do all the food shopping and he unloads the car and puts everything away.  He brought several bags of food in the house and laid them on the kitchen floor to unload.  Most of the time all hounds are downstairs while this goes on but today they had just come in and were upstairs.  If the kitchen gate isn't closed properly Huggie Bear is able to pop it open so when I came downstairs there were 3 hounds in the kitchen investigating the bags.  I was in the process of shooing them out when Glenn came in with the rest of the bags.  Of course the hounds followed him back in the kitchen.  Glenn and I were standing there talking about something when I spied Huggie Bear showing great interest in one of the bags.  I leaned over and saw that the package with the pork chops was broken into and a chop appeared to be missing.   I scolded Huggie Bear.  Glenn and I simply couldn't believe how she was able to break into the package, steal and quickly gobble down a chop while we were standing there...well...duh...  Anyway, I shooed her out of the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I see no longer so wee, Gracie Allen, on the dog bed scarfing the stolen pork chop as fast as she can.  She sees me seeing her and before I can get to her she hustles into the crate with her back to me all the way at the back where I couldn't get to her easily.  She finishes her chop and I scold her and tell her she gets no rib for dinner since she already had her meat.  She just smacked her lips and grinned, "yum, good pork chop".