[Dailydrool] Fear of Men

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 13 09:50:47 PST 2013

Hi it's the clueless momPerson here,

It looks like I need to send my neighbors adult son to Horton.  My neighbor is
in his 70s, great guy.  His son is rather special with dogs.  It seems as a
child the man was playing with a Great Dane who took offence and bit him in the
face.  Over 100 stitches.  Somehow this experience has made him (the son) a dog
whisperer.

Gracie was VERY afraid of men.  One day during December I was walking her with
Snoopy and Snoopy was doing his ahrooooo how are youuuuuuu thing and this
gentleman (the son) and his daughter were visiting and were out for a walk and
turned back to say high to Snoopy.  Gracie was terrified.  The man just smiled
and interacted with Snoopy and ignored Gracie.  He told me she'd be fine.
 Inside of two minutes she was playing with him and pushed her snooter in there
for pets and playing the clown.  And she's not afraid of men anymore.

So, keep hope for Horton.  In Gracie's case one good encounter turned the tables
for her and she's just fine.  Other than being a little dickens that is.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson with good neighbors (thank
goodness).

P.S.  Sometimes I feel like our neighborhood is a throwback to the 50s.  I came
home yesterday and was not at all suprised to find cones at both ends of the
street.  A little closer in were street hockey goals in the middle of the street
and a pack of boys playing street hockey.  As I eluded their baracade and drove
to my home they moved nothing, the cones, the nets and the boys all stayed in
the middle of the street as I navigated.  Then I came home to find a neighbor
three doors down was going to be out of town three days and he wanted to hire my
13 year old to feed his boys fish and bring in the mail.  I love it here.