[Dailydrool] Buddy Died Today A Forever In Rescue Old Guy

WitInc at aol.com WitInc at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 19:40:09 PST 2013

When Buddy came to us his body was failing and he was so crabby he was
difficult to be around. (he would bite) Well time went by and we grew used to
each other and pretty soon he stopped biting and with the help of Dr. Doug
Yearout and the remedies and supplements he gave why Buddy was up and about
and  he lived a good long time.

His kidneys were not working so he was peeing in his old "home" and he had
Cancer besides but he sure LOVED it when I said to him: BUDDY GO TO  YOUR
BED! Off he would ZOOM and he always got TWO pipe bones. It was his thrill
and pleasure to chew on the pipe /shank bones alone with his bone chewies
safe  in his castle (crate).

We hope all the Houndies up at the Rainbow Bridge will welcome him. Whoever
 had him before he came to rescue gave him a hard life and when he knew he
was  loved and nobody would hurt him at the Rescue... even though he still
wanted to bite sometimes out of the old habits of being CRANKY...
he always caught himself and he never bit again...though he had a grrreat
STINK EYE! look for the new wippersnappers coming into rescue and he was
given  wide birth!

We always wished so that someone would come for him and adopt him even
though his kidneys were shot and he walked like Festus on that old tv cowboy
show called "Gunsmoke" he got around just fine.

Like many hounds in rescues he lived out his life waiting for someone to
come for him...and it turned out that he after all was home. It is a gift
being  able to do rescue. Knowing the good people who do rescue and Good dogs
that  might have lived a hellish life till the end...they are cared for and
enjoy  their time that is left to them in rescue.

You just never know the last time you will get to pet them and enjoy their
company...the last time you see them laying regally on their chosen pillow
bed  and come over to them and say hello sweet fellow.

Goodbye sweet fellow we will surely miss your good company.

Love and Woofs to you all frum Basset Rescue of Puget Sound
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)