[Dailydrool] My Maggie

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 09:46:22 PST 2013

Oh Gosh, where do I begin, as most of you know I have a hound who has
severe allergies,  I am going to a new vet now and we tested Maggie a bout  a
year ago and started her on desensitizing injections, which helped big  time
UNTIL, we got to the fourth bottle of extract to have her react  horribly
and lose most of her hair and she broke out awful,  well, lets  just say, it
has been a continuous BATTLE  for the last 7 months, very  little if no
relief at all, we have changed diets 3 times, and in the process  have had her on
preds ( this new vet doesn't like preds or wants to use them  either ) but
he had no choice, things were so bad that the preds were the only  option,
so we have been trying for 7 months to get her OFF the preds with no  success.
I  ( ME )  the bitch  requested a test to check her liver  and also check
for cushings !  Maggie is getting no better, horrible skin  lesions and no
relief even with bathing twice a week with medicated  shampoos,  she is
drinking tons of water  and she consumes her  food,  she does not eat  she inhales
!!!!!!!  so yesterday they  kept my Maggie to do blood work, first draw was
too fatty  when they spun  it down so they couldn't do the test for the
cushings, they sent her home,   we did a 14 hour fast actually it was 16 hours,
 took her back this morning  , drew blood, spun it down and her blood was
light pink and foamy, not a red  serum like it should be,   so they are
keeping her again, she is on  IV'S and they will do another draw at 5 PM . this
girl gets NOTHING off the  table,  NO table scraps, NO treats of any kind, NO
supplements  just  PLAIN KIBBLE  Natural Balance Lamb & Rice,  12% fat
content 21 %  protein  that's it !!!!!!!  Dr. Bob doesn't know what is going on,
he  is scratching his head on this one, because she is on such a restricted
 diet.  I cried most of the way home, I am exhausted emotionally  and
physically also.  my whole life is consumed with doing  right  for  my Maggie.
I feel like a failure !   I would give a  million dollars right now to have
my mom give me a hug and have a bowl of her  chicken noodle soup and a piece
of her lemon meringue pie

Marlene  & Maggie and Evil Annie