[Dailydrool] Gracie the princess

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 16 08:56:44 PST 2013

Oh my dear Lord!

This basset has no sympathy for me.  She believes that after all the bassets
that have been through the house this past year I should be trained.  She is
lucky I don't believe in being mean.  Oh ..... this dog!!!

First off she and Snoopy have been getting along famously.  So what does she
do?  Last night I was cuddling her and LuLu on the bed and Snoopy went to come
up and join us and she decided to tease him and tell him he couldn't join us!!
Well, he was confused and upset and said so, so I squirted her a good one with
the squirt bottle but he still wouldn't come up with us (too offended) so I had
to hoist his 68 lb butt onto the bed and cuddle him and apologize for the bad
manners of miss princess who smirked at us the whole time.

And then at bed time they all 3 came to bed and arranged themselves around me.
I was thinking about Debbie and her arranging the covers ... let me tell you if
you sleep with bassets you'd better be quick arranging the covers because once
they are in place good luck moving any covers around, you'd better have all you
need before they arrive.  Well they all slept soundly butt to butt and back to
back (no more teasing).

And then, this morning, it was cold enough for ice crystals on the loungers out
back.  Gracie decided at 6AM she could not wait for the 6:30 breakfast time she
had to eat right that second and everybody had to get up, no exceptions.
Snoopy and LuLu ran out back and peed and raced back in but not Gracie, oh no,
not miss princess, no way too cold.  So I fed them and then I leashed up miss
princess and dragged her out front and she said it was too cold and I said she
had to go and she said no and I said yes and we were out there for FIFTEEN
MINUTES in the FREEZING cold and she would NOT go, no way, too cold, not doing
it.  By this time I was frozen solid so I came back in and told her what I
thought of her and went back to bed and let Greg get the girls up and off to
school.

And then, at 8, I came into the home office to start work and the little
blankety blank trotted out back and went potty and then came to lay in the
office with me like nothing ever happened.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ..... bassets.

More later from the clueless momPerson with
Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of Missing Objects
and LuLu, Konker extrodinaire
and little Gracie the DICKENS