[Dailydrool] Sleeping arrangements and other things

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Wed Jan 23 15:08:04 PST 2013

The question was how many dogs and dog  beds do you step on when you get out of bed. Here, NONE. M y hounds sleep in crates and there are no dog beds in the bedroom. Reason: allergies (mine not the dogs) and the DH HATES dog hair anywhere but especially in his  bed. Our weimaraner who is all but naked, sleeps on a huge nest style dogbed in the living room entry way. The crate trained hounds sleep all through the night with the exception of Cecilia who is almost 13 y.o. and can't always hold it that long anymore. She let's me know about 5 a.m. and I get up and let her out to pee then back to bed we go. So the dog beds are in their crates ( I don't fit in there.) and there are currently 12 crates in the house ( still have Rocky's crate set up). M ost are size 400 with a few 300's and a couple of 500's.

It's been beyond cold here in our are for the past several weeks and the hounds are content to curl up an nap just going out long enough to take care of "business". ( below by late evening and below zero when we get up about 7 a.m. The weather report say we are going to warm up to 22 degrees today!!!

Drool to all who need some. We have plenty to go around.Everyhound is doing well here at the moment and I'm very grateful. I don't know if I could handle another loss for a while. 2012 has been a tough year for us here. We're hoping this year will bring better things for everyone.

I ordered the Triple Max supplemnt to try on some of the old girls here who have some arthritis. It arrived this morning just 3 days after I ordered it and on free shipping. I ordered the chews and they loved it and want another. Says on the label to give it cn take up to 6 weeks but from what everyone is saying about it I expect to see improvement sooner than that. I'll let you all kow. I also found a coupon code for entirely pets online so I got another $6 off my order in addition to the free shipping. Can't beat that deal.

Jacqie Marvich

Oakrydge Bassets