[Dailydrool] Mailpersons and other deliveries

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Thu Jan 24 12:05:49 PST 2013

Since we live out in a rural area far far from the post office, our mail delivery person is in a car or a jeep in winter. The hounds will sound the alarm the minute she pulls up to the mailbox. A few times a month we have to sign for DH's prescriptions. Then and only then does she get out of her vehicle and that cause all hell to break loose especially if I've got them running around the yard. She once told me that I had the best welcoming committee on her route. She apologized for only having suckers (lollypops)  in her car and not any dog treats.

When FedEx brought my order from Entirely Pets the other day the driver actually came in the gate and brought the box to the front door. I t hink because I had ordered something liquid and it was so cold outside. Everyone was still inside due the the frigid weather and OMG, you'd of thought we were being attacked by aliens. He did have milk bones and everyone decided he was a great guy. Who says bassets aren't good watchdogs? At least until the intruder gives them treats or in Jasmine's case a belly rub.

Jacqie Marvich

Oakrydge Bassets