[Dailydrool] Basset siblings and getting along

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 04:05:14 PST 2013

I think Anita has a very good point Dale.  Why doesn't LuLu care about
Snoopy and Gracie fighting?  I think it might be Gracie is being a bit of a
drama queen.  Let's keep a couple of facts in mind here.  So far, neither
Snoopy or Gracie have been hurt in these scuffles despite their size
difference.  LuLu has interceded in the past when things started to get out
of hand.  I think as long as no one is getting hurt, the humans should stay
out of it.

We have the same thing going on at our house between Browyn and Bugsey.
 When Beauford thinks Bugsey is getting too rough with Browyn, he will
intercede.  I try to stay out of it.  I will say though that sometimes,
they just nit pick each other and I can't take it any more.  Then it is nap
time.  At our house, nap time is in crates.  They get treats for going in
their crates and we go to crates with happy voices.  They know what "nap
time" is.  Beauford is usually thrilled at this point because he is as fed
up as me.  What is really funny is Bugsey and Browyn sleep across from each
other and Browyn will just cry if Bugsey is not there.  When they get up
from nap time, they are best of buds again.

Obviously this does not work if the dogs are bent on killing each other.
 My first two females would go after it and we would be at the vet getting
stitches and drains and it was very nasty.  I had to separate them.  That
is different.  It sounds like Snoopy and Gracie just have to figure out
where they are going to be in the pack.  That is how Bugsey and Browyn are.
 I really don't think Bugsey would care so much if it wouldn't leave him
bottom of the pack.  He is really not a very dominant dog.  I sometimes
think it would be easier if Browyn wouldn't get in his face and tell him
what to do because she is the "Fairy Princess".  When that happens, I know
I will see her being dragged around the backyard by her back legs soon.

Of course right now they are spooning together on the big dog bed looking
incredibly cute.

Jennifer, of Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess