[Dailydrool] Cats in the Belfry

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:35:20 PST 2013

A number of months ago a neighbor moved out and left their intact female
cat behind. Abandoned, I believe is the word.
She promptly moved across the street to another empty house and had a
litter.
The Village informed us that they no longer deal with cats that cat are
"wildlife". Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmreally.....??

Missy cat is in season again or still. There are at least 4 tomcats
following her around. A couple of nights ago I took the dogs out and there
was a cat in my summerhouse that bailed and made it over the fence into
Roger's yard before the dogs caught on.

Not so, tonight.
Tonight it was in the summerhouse and it waited just a minute too long, and
when it hit the deck from leaping out of the window, the dogs not only
heard it but were barely 6 feet away.
There ensued quite an exciting few seconds with the kitty making it under
the back fence and running smack into the border collie in that yard. I
believe it managed to get away.
However, there was no question that Doc, in the lead, had nothing good on
his mind vis-a-vis the cat. Neither did Conley. Neither did Llewis.

I don't want my dogs cut to ribbons and that applies to all of them. Nor do
I want a dead cat. I am furious with the Village for not taking care of
things --not just the abandoned houses on our street, but the wildlife in
them (two AND four-legged but that's another story). I can borrow a
Havahart trap but I don't want to catch a skunk, or someone's pet cat
because if I catch it it is going to the  forest preserve. I don't have the
money to "donate" to have the cat vaccinated and neutered and released back
into my backyard.
Anyone have any other suggestions? I love cats, but I have dealt with feral
cats before and I don't love them. They carry kitty AIDS, infectious
peritonitis, fleas, tapeworms, toxoplasmosis and even rabies, altho we have
not had a case in eons. I DON'T WANT THEM IN MY YARD.

A highly annoyed MomPerson to
Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc