[Dailydrool] Pit-bull mix aggressive neighborhood dog

Sue And David Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 03:12:23 PST 2013

Hey Dale,

I know your concern.  W also have an aggressive dog on our street who is
loose a lot!!  He is also a pit-bull mix.  I call the owner whenever I see
it and she comes to get it.  But they continually let it out in the driveway
off leash.  I always know when it is out because Phoebe will NOT walk by
there.  She just turns around to head home!!

Animal control has been called, by another neighbor, they write a letter
first to warn.  We do have a leash law here in Brevard County.  The second
time, they actually come to your house.  Then they pick up the dog on the
third call unless something bad happens and they will pick up immediately!
Why does it take something bad before they do anything? Or three calls?

I usually walk one dog at a time, especially now with my healing knee. My
dogs are now 60 lbs, 68 lbs and 70 lbs.  Two of them are more than my
weight!!  Even with the pronged collars, I still have a battle if they begin
to pull.  Sue to the Tilly  (whose tummy is MUCH better)  Phoebe (who senses
danger)  and Harvey