[Dailydrool] Turd Hockey, loose dogs

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:26:12 PST 2013

The Houndettes would love to play on a Turd Hockey team. We're in NC so
maybe we can join the Tennessee team? Ginger has a wonderful loud voice and
would make a terrific announcer. Suzy and Shadow are both as fast as the
wind when they want to be. Jersey would have to be in management given her
seniority but I'm sure you could find something for her to boss around.
They all are divas though so I'm sure the weather conditions will have to
be just right for them to get on the ice and be productive. Plus, the coach
will have to keep an eye on Suzy or the puck will be missing!

We have one neighbor dog who is unleashed in their yard. We were walking
all four the other day and the dog laid there and didn't do anything when
we went by the first time. She did come charging out when we went past the
second time but stopped when I used "the voice" and told her to stay. I
actually was shocked that she stayed put when I shouted at her but I just
know it would be really ugly if she and Ginger connected. My other three
would protect themselves but Ginger would attack if the other dog got near
her. I don't know what some people are thinking when they leave their dogs
loose. We've been talking about getting one of those shock devises that
some DD folks were talking about a couple of years ago. I would like to
hear about it again if any of you have used it. Dale, it might be a good
thing for you to think about too. It sounds like you've had your fair share
of close calls in your neighborhood.

We have had some absolutely wonderful weather the past couple of days and
the Houndettes and I have been walking more than we do when it's cold. Yes,
I'm as wimpy as they are when it comes to bad weather! I can see that, at
some point, we will have to think about a cart for our Jersey girl. She
loves her walks but really doesn't have the endurance to go very far any
more. Surprisingly, Ginger also has very little endurance and poops out
pretty quickly and I'm sure she is at least four or five years younger than
Jersey is. Suzy and Shadow just prance right along and will go as far as
I'll take them but the other two really huff and puff in a relatively short
amount of time. I'm afraid our wonderful weather is coming to an end
tomorrow but we sure have loved it over the past few days.

The Houndettes are sending get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger