[Dailydrool] aggressive dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:38:53 PST 2013

I have mentioned this before but I carry a riding crop, available at any
tack store or someplace like Farm & Fleet. It's about a foot & a half long
and it hurts like hell if you really put some force behind it.Mostly, it
makes a loud POP which is as scary oftentimes as the sting. I have used it
exactly twice in all the years I have had dogs. I aimed for the nose and
head. Here's the rub with anything you use, from spray to baseball bats
(which might do a little more damage than I have in mind): zap an
aggressive dog with anything in the heat of battle and he is just as apt to
assume the dog he is attacking caused the pain, making him twice as
dangerous.
This, however, is not something I have worried about extensively. I am
going to do what I can to protect my dog and if it means using a baseball
bat in the manner in which it was meant to be utilized, well............
I also scream, kick, kick kick and I aim for the side and chest. I want to
throw the dog off balance.
I might hit an attacking dog with my cell phone, but I doubt I would take
the time to make a call.
If i sound unconditionally vicious...I guess i am.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc