[Dailydrool] Nail trims!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 6 09:58:39 PST 2013

All 3 of my (rescued) bassets allow me to play with their feet, stick my fingers
in between their toes, et al.  They were hesitant at first but I persisted and
now they hardly notice.

I don't trim because the nails are so thick.  We have a magic PetSmart Lady and
she does all of the bassets in a 10 mile radias.  There is almost always a
basset either ahead of us or behind us in line.  We show up, drop the dog off at
grooming, go pay our 9 bucks at the cashier and then go right back and claim our
happy and waiting basset (who at this point is likely either playing with the
basset before or else the basset after)

I guess this lady just sits and trims basset toe nails all day.  Maybe they come
from farther than 10 miles.  I don't know but she is a hoot.  Neither LuLu nor
Gracie had the slightest hesitation the first time they met her.  She took their
lead and said "come on, lets go" and the dog just trots off with her with the
tail held high and wagging and they come back the same way.  No IDEA how she
works her magic.

More later from the utterly clueless momPerson who found a lady who can trim
bassets toe nails without any drama at all