[Dailydrool] bathing dogs

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:43:06 PST 2013

I have Basils medical records from the day he was 10 weeks old ( a very
rare thing in the rescue world) and how shocked I was to see that that poor
boy had a bath every single week of his life (a few canceled appointments
but at least 48 baths a year they were charted on his medical records as
they were done at the vet) the reason~~cause he stunk~~his one armpit was
hairless and yeasty when we got him in June~~and I said Basil no more baths
for you unless you roll in poop~~at first he got extra oily almost slippery
and then he got a funk I never smelt on a basset before..more like a boot
grease..but now 6 months later he has hair in his pit and it has no
yeast~~his coat is gorgeous and he smells like nothing but a dog and not a
stinkey dog~~also on his chart every single week is ears look yeasty yet
there is no mention of them cleaning them~~or putting in medicine~~or
sending medicine home~~of course his ears look bad you are getting water in
them every week~~I only mention this cause Basil can't hear~~anything~~at
all~~he can feel noise sometimes certain pitch but can't hear words at all
I think the baths didn't help.

Kathy