[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:21:39 PST 2013

Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast is just a teeny tiny rescue who is
surviving by the skin of our teeth. We aren't big enough to attract a lot
of volunteers or money. We recently sent off a young basset hound to a new
foster home until she gets completely vetted. Well, don't you know, she ate
a rock and had to have it surgically removed! Little stinker! Fortunately
they were able to spay her at the same time but I can only imagine what
that bill is going to be. We also have another sweet hound who is heartworm
positive. The DH and I took her to her new home who will be fostering her
with the full intent to fail when she completes her treatment. We all know
how much that is going to cost! If any of you have a little cookie money to
spare, please help BaRCSE out if you can. We're scraping the bottom of the
barrel financially and are going to have to put everything on hold until we
can figure out a way to get new blood for the organization and a financial
infusion.

My Jersey has had another ear infection. We've gone through yet another
course of antibiotics but I'm going to take her back next week and make
sure that it is completely gone this time. I clean every one's ears with
the blue stuff but it doesn't seem to matter what I use with her. I've
wondered if she has so much more trouble than everyone else because her
ears are really heavy. Really, her ears are thicker and heavier than any of
the others. Who knows. And it usually is just her left ear that has the
problem. I just don't get it.

Please keep voting in the Shelter Challenge. I know how grateful BaRCSE was
when we won that money and every rescue out there is struggling financially
right now. I'm absolutely positive that 4 the Hounds will put that money to
good use if they win it. You can vote from any internet capable device you
have....smart phone, tablet, computer, lap top. If your local library has a
computer, vote from there if you stop by. Get your friends and family to
vote from their devices. It's all for the hounds!

The Houndettes are sending get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger