[Dailydrool] Ace

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:52:33 PDT 2013

My understanding is that yes, the information you were given is correct.
It is a disassociative drug in that the dog simply isn't able to connect
the dots but is aware ( to some extent anyway) of his surroundings and what
is being done.

At the Hospital it is used mainly (or was) as a pre-op sedative or used on
dogs that were dangerous for the staff to handle.

I used it once on a Basset who was on a trip away from home and who was
terrified. All it did was turn him into a panting, excessively clumsy,
mentally impaired frantic dog.
I won't ever do that again. I took Valium once before a dog show and I
rather felt that way myself.

BSzaton