[Dailydrool] dog walking and Holiday wishes

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:47:57 PDT 2013

I walk the dogs in the neighborhood less and less because it has become so toxic with all the lawn care guys putting poison down all over, and they are sloppy, not just on the lawns, but the sidewalk and street as well.  I live in suburbia, not a rural area, and a lot of residents care more about a weed free lawn than less cancer toxics in the environment.  Since two of my 8 hounds are positive for cancer, I rarely walk any of them off property anymore, but, if I do,  I let them do as the wish, sniff what they want, take an hour to do a 10 minute walk, only because it is a rare event, after a lot of rain.  I see some owners with dogs who can walk and/or run their dogs, but these people are athletes, and they are raising their dogs to be the same.  We all live by different strokes, and the best we can do is the best, in our own minds, the best we are able.
Tonight was a celebration.  Max is officially in remission.  Sis and I shared some wine, and I boiled steak with brown rice and carrots for the entire herd.  We had our party tonight.  Tomorrow, we will be holding on to the fearful hounds and hope that they can stay calm.  Max, who had treatment today, is one of the fearful, so I am extra worried about him.
Happy Holiday to all, healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the Gypsy Van hounds