[Dailydrool] leather vs cloth

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 4 09:11:57 PDT 2013

We have a little of both here. A leather couch that came here already broken in. No amount of scratching on Chillie Peppers (atb) or Peanut’s part has put one mark on it. It does have some cracks in the leather- but it came with those. Another family member had it prior to us and I believe it’s been around for about 20 years and several children.

Our sectional couch is cloth. Covered in blankets. Also part of it is covered in plastic topped by blankets ( Elvis’ sleeping quarters- he’s not waterproof anymore). The fur does come off the cloth easily as well.

WOOF POUF makes leather dog beds. They do not scratch and are well worth the money.

I am on my third BUV with leather seats and love it! Hound fur was so hard to get out of some of the cloth covers in prior BUV’s. I do have a cover for the back seat as it is more comfy for the hounds to rest upon. Same with our leather couch- we keep a blanket on the seating part of it- but that is more for comfort. A hound likes to scratch and gather her blanket just so before resting. Also more comfortable on the humans skin.

Most bed and couch covers are washed daily here- due to Elvis’ incontinence. He does wear belly bands, but as anyone who uses them on a scootching hound can attest- it is like trying to keep a Slinky dressed.

Blankets and covers not affected by Elvis might go days before they are washed.

When you are trying to get fur off fabric- using a damp sponge to wipe it works. Or misting it lightly with water or glass cleaner and then using your hands to wipe it , works better than the vac.

Happy 4th everyone- keep your hounds safe tonight, Angelika

Sent from Windows Mail