[Dailydrool] Giardia

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 18:24:01 PDT 2013

In July, I do annual fecal tests for the herd, and two came back positive for Giardia.  First was Colette, and she was tested twice, positive twice, and then Pumpkin.  I can imagine Pumpkin got it from Colette because Pumps eats poop, but where Colette got it is a mystery.
That being said, my day today of stomach knots was trying to converse between local vets and the oncologist, because the protocol is to have all treated simultaneously, but  Max being on Chemo is a big concern.
The first treatment recommendation from the local vets was Drontal Plus, and I emailed that suggestion to the oncologist, and he approved.  I was later told there was a much much less expensive treatment, suroxone, and I approved that for 7 because I never heard back from the oncologist if it is OK.  I just want to clear this up ASAP.
If anyone collects pepsi caps, I have a handful I won't use.  Let me know, and I will send them forward.
Sigh, I thought I could clean and exercise today, but instead, I worried, called and emailed vets a bunch of times, and even though I took the hounds out on their regular schedule, I guess they sensed my stress and pooped and peeped in the house more than normal.  Hah, they are making me exercise and clean anyway, God Bless them.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the Gypsy Van Hounds