[Dailydrool] Oregon Basset Rescue - URGENT - We have several bonded pairs of basssets looking for love.

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Wed Jul 10 17:56:48 PDT 2013

Oregon Basset Hound Rescue has recently been asked to re-home several bonded pairs of Basset Hounds.  One pair is currently in a boarding kennel, one pair has until the end of the month (maybe less) before the family says they will take them to the shelter.  The other pair - the family said they have to go now and we have no place to put them.

Please let OBHR know if you are interested in adopting or even fostering a pair of these dogs.  I believe one bonded pair of males are litter mates - 4 to 5 years old.  The other pair of males are father and son (7 and 6 years old).  We have another bonded pair of females (8 and 9 years old). From what we have been told, the dogs are great...for the two pair of males the families just don't want them or have time for them anymore.  With the female pair - the family lost their home due to a job loss.  They had 4 bassets previously adopted from rescues/shelters and can only keep two at the house they are renting.  They keeping the two oldest dogs and must find a new home for the two younger ones.  I have met both of these girls and they are very sweet, act very young, and better couch warmers cannot be found.

We are in the process of getting information and photos on the male dogs.  Hopefully we will be able to have all of them come to the Basset Hound Games on Sunday July 21st in Woodburn, Oregon to meet everyone.

If anyone can - please HELP us help them.

Thank you
Nancy
Oregon Basset