[Dailydrool] Has anyone tried to e-mail me?

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 13:32:48 PDT 2013

I've just returned from a week in San Diego (family memorial service) and realized I didn't understand how my e-mail works after all. I was checking my e-mails on my little tablet while I was gone and deleted them as I read them, thinking I'd pick them up and answer them with more attention (and a much larger keyboard) on my desk top computer after I got home. Only it appears that when you delete an e-mail from your Comcast inbox, you end up also deleting it from your Mac mail program. Even better, your Comcast trash empties itself at some point, so there's no retrieving the lost e-mails. Who'd of thought?

Well, live and learn. So if anyone sent me an e-mail during the last week or so and I haven't responded to it, it's not because I'm ignoring it. I've just accidentally deleted it and can't remember who wrote what to me.

On a basset-related note, our Elsinore has an appointment to see an oncologist for an evaluation in about ten days. So far, she's just the same bossy, enthusiastic gal she's always been. I'm more mindful of the time she has left with us, but she's clearly not sweating it.

I've just realized that Elsinore and young Charlie had their calendar day while I was gone. I had a dickens of a time getting them to sit close to each other so the photo composition would look nice. They love each other very much, but they don't care to be that physically close. Thank goodness for digital cameras, because I took about 50 shots trying to get a decent one.

Elizabeth