[Dailydrool] fighting with another dog

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Fri Jul 12 19:21:01 PDT 2013

Hi fellow droolers.  I have a problem I think someone might be able to address.  I have 8 dogs.  5 are Bassets.  We just adopted one about 5 months ago.  A male who is a sweetheart with all of my dogs except lately he is stalking my 11 yr older.  At first the 11 yr older started it.  That was about a month ago.  Now it seems the 7 yr older will just go for him when ever he is within 5 or 6 ft of him.  It is unprovoked not a food issue or anything like that.  My vet said to get rid of him.  I do not want to do that so for now when I am home I serperate him from the other one.  I do not want to take him back to the rescue where he was living in a crate.  When I am not homel, the dogs run free.  There are no issue then only when my husband or myself are around.  I hope someone has some advice for me.  I think he would do better in an only family home.  But, do you know how hard it would be to place him?   At our rescue there are a couple of hundred dogs.  Some have been there for years.  We are no kill.  I know there has to be an answer to this issue.   I can't bear to see him living in a crate.

Renee