[Dailydrool] Barbara, Opie & Cushings

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:12:22 PDT 2013

Barbara, I'm sure Cushings affects different dogs in different ways. My
Cleo was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago. Apparently, there are 2
types, the adrenal type (gland by the abdomen, I think) and pituitary (in
the head). I don't know if one is worse than the other Cleo has the
pituitary type. I've never noticed any pain or discomfort in her because of
it. Her big giveaway was the incessant thirst and peeing. They put her on
Vetoryl 60mg. It was a newer med at the time and has less side effects.
Cleo has done great on it, although she still drinks quite a bit, I don't
notice her peeing as frequently. I wonder why Opie has pain with it and if
that's normal. I sure hope you get it all sorted out and he gets on the
mend. Sending tons of drool.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."