[Dailydrool] Thanks & Romeo update

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 18 07:15:51 PDT 2013

Thanks so much for all the wonderful healing drool and prayers sent Romeo's way.  We took him again to the vet and he gave him something called Previcox.  This drug was amazing, within hours of taking it he opened his mouth and was able to eat.  He has been like a different houndie since.  The vet only gave us seven and in a way I hate to take him off of it.  This told us a lot about him.  He has been with us 2 years since his Gottcha Day which is July 28th.  He has always walked like and old man and didn't play much at all(he is only about 5)  This is all inflammation.  He actually played with Louie yesterday, this is the first day he has done that.  It does my heart good to see it.  He is still on the Metro. and will be on it another day.  As per the doc he is on boiled chicken, rice and green beans.  He seems to like it so far.  I am wondering if we should put him back on Natural Balance limited ingredients again or keep him on this.  I
 could use some advice on this.  The Previcox is very pricey and I don't know how long he can stay on it, but he has had a wonderful comeback from the Pancreititis.  I know I am probably paranoid but I want him to stay well.  I don't want him to feel the inflammation in his body anymore.  He is such a good boy and we love him so much.  All that inflammation must have caused his jaw pain.  He has always had ear and neck pain(we don't know why)but know all of this is pain has come from inflammation.  The doc did an xray of his neck and mouth and also checked his ear and can't find anything.  Any advice all of you can give us would be appreciated.  Thank you so much again for your encouraging messages.  And thanks Lulu, what mouth issues did you have?