[Dailydrool] Nail Clipping Update: The Basset is Unimpressed.

rebecca stanton pummorse at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 18 14:16:32 PDT 2013

It actually only took 2 people to clip Morse's nails.  Well, I think that's how many it took but to be honest I was cowardly and hot-footed it back to the waiting area, knowing that he already wasn't best pleased with me as he had to be literally dragged into the vets, so possibly the whole vets practice took part in getting his blessed nails cut, who knows.   About 15 minutes later Morse burst back into the waiting area.  We are having a heatwave here in the UK anyway, but he honestly looked as though he was about to expire as he was panting so hard, and to be frank the vet nurse didn't look much better.  Morse is going through a moult at the moment and during these times he sheds lots of thick, soft, tufty fur.    With the amount of fur the vet nurse was wearing, it was actually a miracle Morse wasn't bald.  She said he was like an "alligator", twisting, turning, wriggling and incredibly strong. While she was telling me this,  Morse was ruefully gazing at her and wagging his tail.   I clucked sympathetically, paid up and we went home.  Once there he had the longest drink ever and I gave him a biscuit and he went up on his sofa, and I set about getting on with some home typing.  I glanced over the top of the computer a few minutes later and had to chuckle.  He was giving me a look of mixed indignation and deep disgust.

Got to love these bassets!

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB