[Dailydrool] Ear infection

kimberly smith puppilicious at live.com
Fri Jul 19 18:42:22 PDT 2013

Maggie has been on ear treatments forever. Her left ear canal is much narrower than her right and because of that it tends to get infected more often. She's been doing great for a long time. This morning I woke up and she was scratching and I touched the side of her head and it was hot and I went to look at her ear and she did not want me to. I said "oh no" .
I called the vet as soon as it opened and I brought her in. Maggie's ear canal  was so swollen that she couldn't even see down to the ear drum. She said it is a bacterial infection. Maggie got an antibiotic shot immediately and some pills to go home with.
She has to go back next week so they can look in her ears. I think the dr said something about checking for a punctured ear drum.
She hasn't scratched all day and she ate well. She's sound asleep up on the bed with me. I hope she gets a good night sleep. My baby girl.

Kimberly, mommy to Miss Maggie Mildred & Baby Boy Barney

Sent from my iPhone