[Dailydrool] basset down in back,s teroids not helping

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 18:36:44 PDT 2013

Cammeee- this message may be too late, but i'll share my own
experience with you.  Four years ago, our basset Hector went down in
th eback while we were on vacation.  Our petsitter rushed him to the
vet.  He had Hector on steroids to 2 days, and he actually got worse.
My vet thought that he might have toxoplasmosis or another type of
infection attacking his spinal cord.  So he switched Hector to
medication for that (an antibiotic).  He began to improve almost
immediately, and was up and walking (shakily) within a week..  We also
did some physical therapy and swim therapy with him.  I'd say he got
90% of his function back.