[Dailydrool] Harness problems

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Mon Jul 22 19:46:20 PDT 2013

Thanks to everyone who sent harness suggestions for Evil Sister Bebe.  I
bought one the day before yesterday, it was one that I could look at and
actually figure out how to adjust and how to put it on her.  So yesterday I
spent some time adjusting it, and then yesterday evening I put it on her
before our walk.  Hmmm, way too snug around the chest, let's let it out
some.  Not working, can't get a good hold on the strap.  Okay, let's take it
off and adjust it.  Not working, it won't come off.  Try the strap again,
nope.  Try the buckle again, nope.  This went on for 20 minutes at least,
and I was about to the point of getting a kitchen shears and cutting the
*@!!# thing off of her, when the strap finally gave and loosened up some,
which allowed the stupid buckle to open.  It was awful.  We took it off and
threw it on the counter and walked with our regular collar.

Tonight I adjusted some more on the harness so it was not tight, and we
buckled up (leaving collar on) and off we all went.  Harness is now too
loose and keeps slipping.  So we stopped and adjust it three times while
walking, and I finally gave up and unhooked the leash from the harness and
hooked it to her collar.  Then I tried to take off the slipping harness.
Guess what - it was stuck again.  Took at least 5 minutes to get the blasted
buckle undone.  Harness is going back to the store tomorrow and we'll try a
different style.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net