[Dailydrool] Matilda

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 06:25:34 PDT 2013

People often say a dog choose them.  With Matilda that's is very true.

I started out as Matilda's foster home.  Matilda was adopted out twice and
returned twice.  Both times the families said she growled and snapped at
them.  Matilda never did that to me.

I still cannot understand why Matilda acted one way with adoptive families
and one way with me.  Each family when they returned Matilda told me that
they thought she wanted to stay with me.

The poor thing was left in an overnight drop box at an Indiana shelter in
December.  She had a cancerous mammary mass removed in January. She
recently finished up heartworm treatment last week.  It was that treatment
that told me that Matilda wanted to stay permanently with me.  She didn't
want to go with the vet tech for her treatment.  She kept turning around
looking at me - as if asking me why was I leaving her.

A week ago Tuesday I made it official.  I signed the adoption papers.
 Matilda the boomerang basset is now officially in her fur-ever home. May
we enjoy many years together.

Jan
Lady, Dexter & Matilda