[Dailydrool] A drool request

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Jul 25 17:27:32 PDT 2013

I would like to ask the Drool to be slinging as much of the wet stuff as possible for Horton. As you all know, since we got him in December, he has been a very nervous hound. He's been on Prozac for much of the time we've had him, but he's still afraid of people. Today I talked with a trainer whom I was hoping to have work with him, but she thinks he's going to need another medication before training will do any good. I contacted our behaviorist, and we will be reducing the Prozac over the weekend (I expect to have a VERY nervous dog for a few days). The trainer says that though he's made some headway, it really is not enough for the time we've had him and all the work I've done with him.

Please also sling drool and say a few prayers that whatever new drug we end up putting Horton on will really help. Drew has been so good about Horton being terribly fearful of him, but it's very wearing for him. All Drew wants to do is hug this cute little guy, but he hasn't been able to get closer to him than four feet away. It's beyond being old for both of them.

I know what we all think of the person, whoever it was, who made this poor hound so fearful. Horton isn't telling the whole story, but the brother he came into rescue with also has some fear issues, though he is only afraid of tall, bearded men, not the whole world.

My heart breaks for this little guy. It's a real bummer for me to hear that I've made so little headway with him. But I hope that at long last we'll be able to move forward with the right drug.
Pam, food slave and rehabilitator of the Dashing Bassets